I was perusing questions from Linkedin yesterday and Moshe Weiss posted the following question:I was perusing questions from Linkedin yesterday and Moshe Weiss posted the following question:
It got me thinking since I have a blackberry and I do use it with SharePoint. I replied to his question and here’s my response …
Great question Moshe! Here are 5 ways you can leverage SharePoint with Blackberry:
- Access mobile-enabled SP sites. By default, every SP site comes with an optimized mobile version. Just add the /m to the address. For example: http://spcafe.sharepointcafe.com/m/.Here are more details from Martin Kearn.
- E-mail enable SP Lists. By doing this, just by sending an e-mail from a Blackberry, you can send documents directly and archive e-mail communications to a SP document library.Here are more details from Joel Oleson.
- Synchronize SP calendars and contacts with Microsoft Outlook. I would assume that you synchronize Outlook with your Blackberry.Here are more details from Todd Klindt.
- Create, edit and store Office documents. Third-party office productivity tools like what DataViz offers for the Blackberry can be used to create and edit Office socuments and then store it in a SP document library and still maintain version history.
- Display a custom mobile dashboard. Custom web part pages can be created in SP to aggregate various high-level data from various information sources to a single repository and be accessed from a Blackberry device.
Any other ideas?